Every mood, every moment, every state of mind.
What you feel should have an expression in what you wear. Follow your heart and be true to your soul. Everything else will fall into place.
Our shoes are a standard South African cut size and as such run true to size in most styles but not ALL sizes.
A SIZE GUIDE note is available next to the shoe photo or underneath each shoe description in our online store. This will assist in selecting a correct size for you.
Keep in mind, that leather is a natural product which will stretch and form around your foot. It is better to have the shoe fit a little tighter at first.
We are all uniquely created, therefor please keep in mind that this is a SIZE GUIDE ONLY. Plaasmeisie can not be held responsible for the exchange costs should the shoe not fit 100%. You know your feet best, it is up to you to make the correct judgement.
If you are still uncertain of the best shoe size in our ranges, feel free to contact us for further advice on the best fit. We do have an exchange policy in place. Please refer to our Store Policy Section.
Placing an order
How do I place an order?
Search for the item, and click on the shop button.
The order will be added to your shopping basket.
Once you are done selecting all the items you would like to buy, check out.
Your details will be consolidated and automatically sent to Plaasmeisie for processing.
How do I make payment?
We offer various options on checkout:
1) Debit or Credit card via the Payfast Application.
2) Pay by EFT – Once you have placed your order, you will receive an e-mail automatically from our system with our bank details. Please use your online order number as the payment reference.
3) PayJustNow – LayBuy Option
Visit https://payjustnow.com/ follow the easy sign up steps
Pay in 3 easy instalments. Once you have made your first instalment option we will ship your goods.
What type of payment methods do you accept?
We offer different payment options :
1) Credit or Debit Card via the Payfast Application
2) EFT Payment
3) PayJustNow – Laybuy Option
What if an item is out of stock?
Our Online Store and Physical Store at the Mall of the South carry the same stock. If our website does not show stock, then we are out of stock, and the item will not be available in-store. If our store doesn’t have the physical stock, then the items can not be ordered online. It means, that WE ARE SOLD OUT.
What are your shipping times?
We use THE COURIER GUY or SKYNET as our two standard services.
POSTNET to Postnet can be used on request.
We pack and courier your package on the same day that your payment reflects in our bank account.
Unfortunately, proof of payment alone is not confirmation of the funds received. Should you need your item urgently, please ensure to pay by card online via the Payfast Application, or for EFT payments, make an immediate payment.
Your Order will be delivered to you within 2 to 4 working days (depending on the distance between Johannesburg and your designated delivery address)
We charge a flat rate of R120 per package, no matter the distance and size of the box, to all areas within South Africa.
You may also collect your order from our Store at Mall of the South in Johannesburg or send your own courier to collect from our store, should you wish to do this instead. You will find an option to check out to select “Client to Collect” order.
Can I track my order?
Once we have packed your order, you will receive a courier reference number by e-mail that you can use to track your order on the courier website. We will indicate which courier service was used.
Visit the courier Company Website to Track
Type your unique tracking number in to check.
Please allow up to 24 hours for the reference number to reflect to give the courier services enough time to check your package into their HUB. If it doesn’t show, wait a little while and try again.
Returns + Exchanges
What is your Return and Exchange Policy?
– NO REFUND POLICY effective from 15 Nov 2021
– We are, however happy to exchange your item for an alternative product. Should you not find a product at the time of your return, we will issue a Credit Note which can be used to purchase a Plaasmeisie product at a later time.
There are a number of sections in the Consumer Protection Act that allow goods to be returned, but it is important to note, that there is no general right of return. Example, when a consumer buys an item from a store and the next day they regret spending the money or simply does not like the item, the consumer cannot return the item for a refund. Some retailers do allow this, but it is not a consumer’s legal right to do so.
As stated above, Plaasmeisie is happy to issue a credit note to our clients that can be used in store on a later date.
Please click on the below link whereby a South-African Law Firm writes in simple terms the right of the Consumer and the Supplier (as per South-African Consumer Protection Act)
– Plaasmeisie PTY LTD has a 30 day return policy, which means that you have 30 days from the Invoice Date to request a return (for a credit note) or an exchange.
– To be eligible for an exchange or return, the product must arrive at our store in the original Plaasmeisie Box, undamaged and UNWORN.
– A damaged product returned to Plaasmeisie due to inadequate protective packaging will not be Credited at the full value in which it was bought. Please therefore ensure that the Plaasmeisie Product Box is wrapped in plastic and sealed. Courier labels must be placed on the outer wrapped packaging.
– A R20 levy will be deducted when the exchange or credit note is processed for damaged product boxes.
– Returns and Exchanges will be done to the value of the shoes, less the courier costs.
– The return and exchange process will start once the product is back in store.
– Plaasmeisie is not responsible for the Courier Fee to return and / or exchange a client product.
Courier Return Fee : R120 OR Courier Exchange Fee : R220
CLEARANCE SALE ITEMS & RETURNS
– Items on Clearance Sale CAN NOT be returned or exhanged. Ensure that you select the correct shoe size before you pay.
Please contact our store to start the return or exchange process by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your Policy on Product Defects?
PRODUCT DEFECT POLICY
– Plaasmeisie will inspect each product for any quality defaults and will not send a product out unless we are certain that the product is up to standard. Should you find a default and it is the last of its kind in store, we will notify you of the defect before the product is sent out, to get your consent or advise of the next step.
– In the event that you do receive a product with a defect that was missed by our team before shipment, please notify us of any defect found in your new product, within 3 days of delivery, in writing with photos of the product attached.
E-mail to email@example.com
Keep in mind that our products are handmade and each item is unique.
PRODUCT DEFECT POLICY ON USED & WORN PRODUCTS
– Our defect warranty period is Valid 21 days from Invoice Date. We can not be held liable for defects after this period.
We are proud of the quality leather and workmanship of our products.
Defect products will be inspected to determine if the product can be repaired. A repair lead time will be communicated with you.
Should we find that the product can not be repaired, we will replace the product with the same or a similar product.
Product replacements will be at the full discretion of Plaasmeisie, and a client will not have the right to decide if a product is to be replaced or repaired.
DAMAGE DUE TO EXCESSIVE WEAR
– Please note that damage to our products as a result of excessive wear, or by not taking the correct leather care steps, will NOT be considered for repair or replacement.
– Please notify us in writing with photos of the defective product attached to the e-mail as soon as the fault is noted, but within the 30 day period.
LEATHER IS A NATURAL PRODUCT
By purchasing a leather product from Plaasmeisie, you acknowledge the following:
– Leather is a Natural Product and will often display traces of the animals past life, such as brand marks, wrinkles, veins, healed scars and different fibre density and colouring.
– No two pieces of leather are the same.
– The leather colour advertised on our website may be lighter or darker in comparison top the product received.
– The tanning and colour processing of each hide will also influence the final product.
Each case will be handled individually.
We would like to ensure that our clients have a great buying experience.
Can I refund a custom order?
Unfortunately, custom / personalized orders, cannot be returned for a refund or exchanged, due to the nature of the specific order which we won’t be able to be resold.
Leather Colours and Shading
Take note that leather is a natural product, and each item is unique. The leather colour on our website and the product that you receive may be slightly different in colour, as natural light plays a role as well as the weather conditions at the time of our product photoshoots.
A slight change in leather colour being lighter or darker is not the basis to return a product or request a refund.
Once your order has been dispatched from our premises, Plaasmeisie can no longer be held liable for any loss or damage to the item.
In the event that the courier company misplaced your package, and we have evidence to proof this, Plaasmeisie can submit a claim to reimburse the value of the package up to R1000.
In the event that the claim is not approved, Plaasmeisie can not be held responsible for such loss, and the replacement of the goods ordered from us, will then be at the cost of the client.
Out of stock Items
Online and In Store
Our Online Store and Physical Store at the Mall of the South carry the same stock.
If our website does not show stock, then we are out of stock and the item will not be available in store.
If our store doesn’t have the physical stock, then the items can not be ordered online.
WE ARE SOLD OUT.
We do not take payment or deposits for items that are sold out / out of stock unless you as our client insist on wanting to pay a deposit to place the product on back order.
Should an item be out of stock, we will place your details onto our NOTIFY WHEN STOCK ARRIVE list. Please NOTE that we do not see this as an ORDER PLACED. We are merely taking note that you are interested in purchasing an item that we do not have stock of at the time and we ensure to keep you informed when the item is back in stock so that you can order and pay.
Once an item is back in store, we will sms you to notify you that it’s in stock.
We receive a limited amount of stock per item / per size. If you would like to purchase the in stock item, please respond to our message to inform us immediately, and we will be happy to keep the item aside until we receive your payment. Items can only be kept aside for max 3 days.
How to Care for your Leather
All your questions answered
1. How to remove dust from my leather shoes
Remove Dirt with a soft cloth
2. How to remove salt stains from my leather shoes
Deal with salt stains using water and vinegar. Mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water. Gently rub the mixture into the salt stains evenly using the soft cloth. Salt stains leave a white residue on your shoes. This method will also strip your shoes of wax polish if you have a build up.
3. How to remove oil from my leather shoes
Sprinkle baking soda or corn starch on the spot. Rub it gently with a damp cloth. Let it sit for a few hours or overnight. The soda or starch will absorb the oil. Wipe off the powder with a soft dry cloth. This will probably not remove the stains completely, but it will minimize the stain.
4. How do I know which product to use on my leather shoes?
The most important information that you should know before cleaning your leather shoes is, what type of leather is my shoe made of ?
The three types leather that we sell at Plaasmeisie is Suede Leather, Nubuck Leather and Full Grain Leather. Please ask our friendly sales staff if you are not sure which product you bought. The leather of your shoes will stain if you apply the incorrect leather cleaner on your shoes.
The type of leather will determine which product I can use.
Test any leather product, polish, wax and cleaners in a hidden spot beforehand.
5. How do I store my leather shoes correctly
Leather needs air to help rid itself of moisture. Choose something breathable, such as your Plaasmeisie Shoe Box or leave it open in your cupboard.
Leather absorbs moisture. Like rain, sweat and dew. Giving your shoes a break between the days you wear them allow them time to dry out.
Try wearing your shoes by alternating your Vellies if you prefer to wear leather every day.
6. How to dry my leather shoes
ALWAYS allow your shoes to dry in natural light and sunlight. Don’t place your leather product near a fire place or heater to dry. This can damage and dry the leather out and cause it to crack.
7. Don’t immerse your leather shoes in water
In other words, don’t dump it in the washing machine or a bath of water. Water damage will weaken your leather product and it will start to show visible cracks.